Friday, June 21, 2019

Kelly Jay of Crowbar Passes


Canadian music has lost one of its titans. Steeltown legend Kelly Jay (born Blake Fordham) passed on June 21, 2019 after a long, brave medical battle. His incredible keyboard skills and booming voice helped create the unforgettable sound of the mighty Crowbar. Our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Here are some career highlights
From Lou, our blogger:
I had the pleasure of meeting Kelly Jay and seeing him perform on numerous occasions. He had a smile for me every time and his good nature was always on display. I'll miss him terribly.
Here are a few social media reactions (we will add more as they come)

Hank Fordham (son)
I adored my father. After my mother’s death in 2006, his wife's death of 15 years in 2012 and his recent medical complications, I took to calling him daily — initially out of concern, then because I found that I really enjoyed talking with him. As we traded daily phone calls over the last few years, with a visit mixed in twice a week, our relationship deepened and sweetened. Now, I’ve lost not only my dad, but I’ve also lost my friend. (Click here for the full statement)
I just wanted to say I love you dad, and that I look forward now to getting to see you on the other side some day. There's a show up in heaven today, and the world is left with your gift of music. 
Bella Fordham (daughter)
It breaks my heart that some people don't have a wonderful father and I consider myself very lucky. Everyone knows my dad as a legendary rockstar. I know him for the man that has raised my siblings and I with an unfathomable amount of love. 
You have taught me so much and I will always be grateful for having such a strong, inspirational man as my dad. 
Lily Sazz (Cootes Paradise)
Kelly Jay is part of us, and we are part of him. I wouldn't be a musician if it weren't for him.  
Media coverage (we will add more as we find them)
Please click here to help his family with the funeral expenses and organize a celebration of life.





Videos above courtesy of Hank Fordham



Video above courtesy of Paul DeFelice

Click here for More Kelly Jay Stories

Previous (National Indigenous Peoples Day Videos) - - - Next (News Roundup)

No comments:

Post a Comment