Thursday, March 11, 2021

Dundas Musician & Author Steve Parton Passes

It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Dundas musician & author Steve Parton. He lost a long and courageous battle with cancer. Our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

His wife, Isabel posted this on his facebook page.

Dear friends of Steve Parton, this is his wife Isabel, letting you all know that Steve passed away early in the morning on March 11. I know Steve was well loved by so many people and it grieves me to inform you all, of what has come to pass. Steve made this world a better place through his kindness and his willingness to help others, especially through music, which was his great passion in life.

In his own words: “Well, this is goodbye. I’ve lived an exceptional life. Mexico, Europe, almost every state and province, by hitchhiking, hopping freight trains and touring with rock bands. Wife, kids, friends.”

Thank you all for your wonderful tributes to Steve which were expressed in the last post about him. It helps us all to comprehend how important Steve was to so many people.

Not only was Steve an amazing musician but he also wrote about his battle with cancer in the book, Cancer Trip. Other career highlights include founding both Avalon Music Academy and Hammer Artists Management, technical writing, music journalism, screenwriting, film directing, novelist, and much more. 

Click here for the Hamilton Spectator story.

Here's his celebration of life

Video above courtesy of St. Paul's United Church, Dundas

A word from Lou, our blogger:

I met Steve on a number of occasions and he was always funny, positive, and friendly. After having the pleasure of reading his book, Cancer Trip, a few years ago, I learned a lot about his brave battle. It's his friendship and many talents that I'll miss most.

Social media reaction

Tom Altobelli

Steve is a kind, compassionate, and caring individual who is well respected by all in the Hamilton music scene and has been kind and caring to us and everyone I work with.

Hailey Gillis

What a wonderful kind man, what a gift to the world and its people, what a bright spirit.

Brennagh Burns

Steve touched so many people...so many lives! Blessed to have connected with him.

Natalie Baxter-Robinson

I only got to meet Steve a couple of times when he was filming Kidnapped by Wolves. He was so kind and thoughtful to my son Tyler. He shared the kindest words of encouragement and I will always remember how that affected both me and my son. 

Jamie Shea

I was only just getting to know you, Steve and yet you’ve had such an impact on me. I know you’ve had a similar impact on so many. You’ll live on in all of us. 

More Beatles Covers/Stories

Links: Steve PartonMore Steve Parton Stories, Videos above courtesy of Steve Parton Music


Previous (Local Music Superfan Dale Park passes) - - - Next (2021 Juno Nominees)

No comments:

Post a Comment