Monday, February 21, 2022

Hamilton Musician David Carte Passes


It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Hamilton musician David Carte aka The Sideman on February 17, 2022. Our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

The family's announcement:
It is with heavy hearts and great difficulty we are writing this post on the passing of our dear brother, brother-in-law, and uncle David Carte earlier this morning.  He was always the first to make people laugh, you always knew he was around by his bird calls, and always entertained by strumming a tune on his guitar that he just made-up in the moment.  The family chain is broken and nothing seems the same but as God takes us one-by-one that chain will link again.  Rest in perfect peace David.  Love Chuck, Carol, and Aaron xoxoxxo

Visitation for David will be at the Bay Gardens Funeral Home on Rymal Rd. Thursday, February 24th, 5-9pm. In lieu of sending flowers you can send donations to the Arthritis Society or the Heart and Stroke Foundation

His son also Allen has a special request: If anyone has jammed in the past or has have done has any recordings with Dave, please send any footage / recordings to allenmichaelcarte@gmail.com - I'm trying to consolidate everything in one place on the DavidCarteMusic youtube channel. Thanks in advance.

Social Media Reaction

George CW Douglas

I met David a few months ago at the Casbah in Hamilton.  We were both there for the Dundas Music Club's return to a live stage.  We talked after our sets and exchanged emails.  

Next week we ended up at another jam in Hamilton and Dave worked my name and hometown into his songs a few times, it was funny and it worked.  

A week after that we were back at The Casbah and we sat at a table in the corner and made plans to jam and play together…when things got better.  

I paused my outings in December due to the variant but was looking forward to getting together with David.

I’m sorry we never got to jam but I’m so glad we met.  My deepest condolences to his friends and family, I enjoyed our brief time together.

Mike Cotton

Wow. I am absolutely gutted to hear about the passing of David Carte. I've known Dave most of my life since he was a long time friend of my dad's and was always amazing to me. Such a nice person who had such a passion for life. Even yesterday he was posting about about going to see some live music tonight. He was a great musician and super creative guy in general and was always supportive of me and music. He even powered through an an insane snowstorm to come to my hometown hockey gig a few years ago. I feel so bad for his wife Kelly and son Allan. Just awful. I bet he's already up there jamming and having a beer with my dad 

Videos above courtesy of DavidCarteMusic


Previous (Family Day Videos) - - - Next (Peter Lafferty Passes)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know David, but I have known Allen from school days with my son and from working with Allen. I am so sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete