The 11th Annual International Acoustic Music Awards were handed out recently and Waterloo songstress JoJo Worthington took home the Acoustic Open Genre prize for her amazing song Hearts. CONGRATULATIONS!
Links: JoJo Worthington, More JoJo Worthington Stories, Video above courtesy of JoJo Worthington
According to their website, the IAMA "promotes excellence in Acoustic Music Performance and Artistry. Acoustic artists in various genres can gain exciting radio and web exposure through this competition. Win a Top Prize of US$11,000 worth of Prizes!"
Here is a complete list of the winners:
- Open: JoJo Worthington: Hearts
- Overall Grand Prize: Carl Wockner: Crayon Days
Video above courtesy of Carl Wockner
- Folk/Americana/Roots: Daniel Champagne: Holding The Moon
- Instrumental: Muriel Anderson: A Bakers Dozen
- Alternative: Carl Wockner: Crayon Days
- Best Group/Duo: The Banner Days: From Dust To Dust
- Best Male Artist: Jared Mahone: From Joe To Betsy
- Best Female Artist: Cara Smith: Take Me Back
- Country/Bluegrass: Downhill Bluegrass Band: Wonderland
Video above courtesy of DownhillBB
Previous (New Peter Tigchelaar Album) - - - Next (News Roundup w Drew Leith, Fred Eaglesmith, White Zaltz and Dodge, Tom Wilson)