Sunday, May 3, 2015

CONGRATS! Hamilton's Troy Harmer Wins Randy Bachman 'Heavy Blues' Guitar Solo Contest


Many musicians entered a guitar solo competition where they added their spin to music legend Randy Bachman's brand new tune, Heavy Blues.  The Guess Who/BTO guitarist himself picked Hamilton's own amazing guitar slinger Troy Harmer! Congratulations!

The grand prize was a set of Randy Bachman signature guitar strings, the new Randy Bachman CD (also titled Heavy Blues) and an Epiphone Les Paul guitar.  Troy will also get to perform live with Randy at the 2015 Kitchener Blues Festival!

"I am so honored for this opportunity to jam with Randy Bachman in Kitchener," Troy said on his YouTube page, "The guitar I won is beautiful. Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement. Special thanks to Randy for choosing my video. I am humbled to find out that Randy has heard me play and I am completely blown away that I will get to meet and perform with him on stage."

BREAK A LEG!



Here are a few other videos from Troy





Blast from the Past: Troy Harmer on the Barber Shop Podcast and More

Links: Troy HarmerMore Troy Harmer StoriesVideos above courtesy of Troy Harmer

Previous (New Mark McNeil CD) - - - Next (Hilarious Music Cartoons)

No comments:

Post a Comment