Monday, December 7, 2020

Canadian Bassist and Music Industry Veteran Doug Chappell Passes


It is with sadness that we report on the passing of Canadian bassist and music industry veteran Doug Chappell. He died on December 3, 2020 in Niagara Falls. Our condolences to his family, friends and fans.


Career highlights:
Media Links:
Social Media Reaction

I was so sad today to hear that we lost our good friend Doug Chappell last night who signed The Pikes to Virgin Records on December 18, 1986.
Our lives changed after we met Doug, he truly believed in our music & he left us to record our songs the way we wanted. 
He was one of us, a musician & a true lover of music.  
I remember picking Doug up at the Boston airport in August of 1992 when he came to visit while we were recording Neptune at Blue Jay Studio in Carlisle, MA. The first thing he did once he got settled at the studio was grab the rough mixes from a DAT tape, plugged in his headphones & immediately began to smile, a moment I will always remember.
He will surely be missed by his family & the many friends he had in the music business.
R.I.P. Doug

Lori Yates

Heartbroken to hear of the passing of Doug Chappell - VIP Virgin Music Canada (on the right ) a true class act - loved working and knowing you!
Seen here with my last manager the late great Gary Pring - two of the good guys💔💔

Duane Steele

Doug signed me to Mercury Records in 1995. Without a doubt one of the most forthright and down to earth guys I ever met in the business. I heard today that he passed away last night. Very sorry I didn't get to see him again. What a loss. R.I.P Doug . Thanks for believing in me and my crew way back when.

Video above courtesy of Rocking Speedo


Links: This video features Richard Newell (later named King Biscuit Boy) on vocals, More KBB StoriesVideo above courtesy of mewrth


Video above courtesy of mewrth

Previous (King Biscuit Boy with Crowbar's Official Music Turns 50) - - - Next (The Band's 'Stage Fright' Turns 50)

No comments:

Post a Comment