Saturday, December 12, 2015

Hamilton Harmonica Master John Hess Passes



We are saddened to report that local harmonica player extraordinaire John Hess passes away on December 10, 2015.  He frequently played open stages throughout the Hamilton area and had played with many local musicians.  Our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Tom Finochio is planning a jam in his memory on Sunday, December 13 from 3 to 9 at Rebel's Rock in Hamilton.

There were a lot of comments on social media:

Ian Andrews:
John, I thank you for the music we shared and the times we had, the stages we shared as well as the laughs and most ridiculous puns we could come up with. You always supported my music endeavors and came to every jam I've ever had. It hurts the most that I had put my busy schedule before coming to visit you in the hospital and that we never did get a chance to hang out and record - I know damn well there was ample opportunity for it. I'm sorry John, and one day down the road you and I are gonna cut that record we talked about, but for now... Rest in peace my blues brother. Everytime I hear a harp, I'll never forget...

Wayne Janus:
John was a true gentleman and he will remain close to our hearts and thought of often. Blessings to you Dear friend. W.Janus

Troy Harmer:
Hamilton lost another charismatic and dedicated blues musician this week. He was always polite, kind, helpful and positive. Every Sunday up until he got sick, he would be at the open mic I hosted with the Persuaders at the Brown Barrel. Often times he would already be there set up with his amp and harmonicas ready to go before the band arrived. We will miss you my friend.


Song above courtesy of Richard Bone

Previous (News Roundup: Pretty Archie, Bonnie Hamilton. Wendy Lynn Snider) - - - Next (New Ben Caplan Album)

No comments:

Post a Comment