Thursday, June 16, 2022

Celebrate 50th Anniversary of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust with Amazing Local Covers & More!


Today (June 16, 2022) The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, David Bowie's classic album turns 50 years old.

Trivia:
Below are a few local covers of songs from the album.




Links: StardustVideo above courtesy of Robert Manley

Stardust had this to say about the incredible album: 
Sure Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars was in my opinion and probably in all of our opinions one of the greatest albums ever.
It didn’t leave my tape deck for a year. It’s mesmerizing from start to finish: the production is beautiful and warm, it’s lyrically amazing, it’s one of the best album I’ve ever heard to this day.
Personally it inspired me the way I write music the limitless boundaries of creativity: no fences,  no genre - phenomenal.
And now a song from the main man himself:

No comments:

Post a Comment