Monday, April 24, 2023

Hamilton Drummer Greg Cannon Passes


It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Hamilton drummer, Greg Cannon. He was the drummer for the Florida Razors and many other local groups. We will post the details on this page as we find out about them. Our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Social Media Reaction

Rave On Greg Cannon. Greg was the coolest guy on the East Mountain when I was a kid. He wasn’t that much older than me but he already had a lifetime of experience playing in bands so when he agreed to play drums is The Florida Razors I was thrilled. We travelled together on the 401 from Detroit through to Montreal and back for five plus  years. We laughed our asses off, got into a few mishaps along the way and had the time of our lives. Greg was my dear friend and my brother. Today my heart is broken.
My old friend Greg Cannon, far right,has passed away . . . this pic is from when we worked and played together with David Bradstreet, center, a prince of a human being, I loved him, great drummer funny and loving guy,,this is before he went on to join the Florida Razors with Tom Wilson.
Many people loved Greg, you couldn't not love him 
Rest In Peace Greg ❤


This absolute legend is the inspiration that made me the musician I am today. He taught me to smack the hell out of those drums and when I was worried about breaking the snare skin on the kit he bought us, he was to our surprise sooooo proud. I will try to keep making you proud, uncle Greggy and pass that wisdom on to my kid ... I’m honoured to have the joy of gettin to have you in my life. 
You left quite a footprint, my friend. 

Links: Florida RazorsVideo above courtesy of I Don't Wanna Cry


Previous (Earth Day Videos)

No comments:

Post a Comment