Thursday, April 25, 2024

Brantford Music Promoter Victor 'Big Vic' Mirco Passes

It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Brantford music promotor, Victor 'Big Vic' Mirco. Unfortunately, we do not know the details but we will post them here when we know them.

A word from Lou, our blogger:

I got to know Big Vic well through promoting shows in Brantford. He was always fun to be around and knew a ton about music. I will miss his friendship. RIP Vic.

Social Media Reaction

Bruce Hall, founder of the Grand River Blues Society

So sorry to hear this news of the passing of a good friend. Really enjoyed working with Big Vic on all his shows. He knew how to pack rooms with top notch entertainment. Will miss sparring with him on music trivia for he knew his stuff. Rest in Peace Victor.

Jeanna Jackson

So so sad to hear this, I knew Vic for the 25 years. I owned Brantford Minuteman Press Printing, he always printed the posters and tickets for the show.Vic would sit for hours at the office, talking , laughing crazy jokes i never got....hahaha, Last time I saw him was when he dropped off the coconut heads (from his parents) he had when he was cleaning the house. I have them still hanging on the wall. I will miss him always. xo. And I still have the files for all the old posters he would order. I am sure most are still on the old hard drive. Having some hanging up would be sweet memories of the loss of an amazing person. 

Susan J Neziol

R.I.P. Vic Mirco  aka "Big Vic"...my dear friend ...you were a big part of our teenage years working at Records on Wheels and organizing bus trips...in particular, for me, the Police Picnic bus!  I have been lucky enough to have had you as a life long friend and attend many concerts with you....you will be dearly missed....xo 

Rose Devereux 

Been missing you at the blues for a while! He used to "pay me" in merch to start up the dance floor not that I needed to be persuaded. I miss harassing you  at your table 🤣 I know I have a million more photos like these somewhere and I’ll forever cherish them! The shows are so insanely huge these days im never the first person on the dance floor but it’s probably because we paved the way lol! Rest easy my friend you finally get to meet some of the greats that paved the way! Thank you for always making me feel so special ❤️

Brad Grose

Vic has left a lasting legacy of creating great times and a real celebration of music. A real Community Champion and a dear friend. Godspeed Vic.

You will be missed.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends 🧡 


Previous (Ensemble! Nominated for 2 Cable 14 Impact Awards) - - - Next (Garnetta Cromwell Debut Album)

No comments:

Post a Comment