Friday, April 5, 2024

Oakville's Jordan John is New Singer for the Legendary Tower of Power


Congratulations to Oakville's own Jordan John. He was recently hired as the new lead singer for the legendary R&B band, Tower of Power (just in time for the 55th anniversary).

This is what Jordan had to say on his Facebook page
Greetings everyone!  I’ve been meaning to share some exciting news with you. πŸ₯³πŸš¨ (long post ahead) Some of you may have already heard over the past few weeks (& to those who haven’t), I am pleased to announce that I am now the official lead singer for the iconic American R&B/Soul band Tower of Power! I am humbled, excited & grateful to Emilio, Doc & the members of the band for this opportunity! They have also graciously invited me to pick up a 🎸 or sit in at the 🎹 on stage whenever the opportunity arises. It’s been a whirlwind couple of weeks but my first few shows with them have been a blast!
To say that this is a great honour would be an understatement. As a kid, I was obsessed with the ‘Tower of Power’ & ‘Back To Oakland’ albums. It was (& still is) like listening to the ‘Dream Team’ of classic R&B bands! The combination of skill level, discipline, cohesion & musicianship was unrivalled & still remains such to this very day. They continue to uphold the relentless (& necessary) gold standards of excellence in music. They are in every sense of what a band should be. Above all else, they are gracious human beings… especially towards their fans. Each member of the band/management team has made me feel welcome, included & every bit a part of the unit and ongoing journey.
I am grateful to my family & every single person who has reached out to me, sent messages or posted their heartfelt congratulations online over the past few weeks. As well, to the fans for the props & sincere words of kindness at the first few shows we’ve performed in the πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ thus far. This is a proud moment for me as both a musician & Canadian citizen. A moment that I happily share in great joy & delight with you all. I am looking forward to traveling the 🌎 about 150 days a year with T.O.P. all the while maintaining my home base & continuing my various 🎢 projects in Toronto, Canada. 
Never in my lifetime would I ever have imagined that a young boy from Oakville, Ontario would one day be touring the 🌎 singing lead vocals & sitting in on the 🎸, 🎹 & πŸ₯ in one of THE baddest Rhythm ‘n Blues bands on the planet! This is truly an unparalleled blessing & one that I will cherish for the rest of my life!  
With ❤️ & gratitude

Here are a few recent performances from this lineup.

Video above courtesy of Joseph Saccomanno

Video above courtesy of dbarthTv

Links: Tower of Power, More Tower of Power StoriesJordan JohnMore Jordan John StoriesVideo above courtesy of Bobbi A


Previous (Teenage Head Celebrates 50 Years of Rock) - - - Next (Canadian Folk Music Award Winners - Day 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment