Thursday, May 27, 2021

Local Musician, Teacher, Store Owner Bob Kirkpatrick Passes


It is with sadness that we announce the passing of bassist, artist, teacher and business owner, Bob Kirkpatrick. The former Hamiltonian and current Oakville resident passed away on May 26, 2021. Our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Social Media Reaction

Andrew Kirkpatrick (son)

My father Bob Kirkpatrick passed away this morning. Many of you knew him from the stores he used to own. Music was his passion and he loved to share that with with world. Although sometimes stubborn, he touched many lives for the better. There was so much more I wish I got to experience and see with you. I love you dad ❤️ I wish we got more time together.

Carl Jennings (Freedom Train)

He was my first bass teacher when I was 12.

He always kept in touch and showed an interest in everything I did since my early teen years.

In my late twenties, I rented the basement of his music store in Burlington, where I operated my first recording studio. 

Bob was my "landlord" for 8 years, and he was helpful, generous, and supportive the whole time.

He has helped, hired, mentored and loved MANY local musicians ever since I've known him.

Thank you for all that you did for me Bob!

Keith Richards (local musician)

It is with a heavy and broken heart that I have to say goodbye to my good friend, former bandmate and superb human being in Mr. Bob Kirkpatrick .... or as I called him " Rock Bobster! Along side our drummer and vocalist George Kaloxilos , Bob would bring his knowledge and experience into our band and provide the groove. I loved the man and was shaken up when I heard of his passing away this morning. God bless you and your loved ones Mr. Kirkpatrick! May healing come soon for us here on earth and may you rest peacefully in the hands of God Bob. ..... you will be dearly missed. ❤ Thank you for gracing my life.

Video above courtesy of Sylvia Richards


Previous (Ron Baumber Passes) - - - Next (Canal Bank Blues Shuffle Founder Passes

No comments:

Post a Comment