Monday, August 8, 2022

Legendary Teenage Head Guitarist Gordie Lewis Passes


It is with sadness that we announce the passing of legendary Teenage Head guitarist Gordie Lewis, who was found dead on Sunday, August 2, 2022 after an apparent murder (his son has been charged). Details will be updated as we know them.

Media Links
The world has lost a guitar legend. I was lucky enough to catch him performing numerous times and talking with him on a few occasions. He was a wonderful, sweet man and was a true guitar master. My favouite memory of was when he played Gage Park, soloing on his guitar until the cops had to come and shut things down. How rock and roll is that? RIP Gord.

Social Media Reaction 

We may add more later on

Teenage Head Facebook page

We are heartbroken and still trying to process the loss of our friend, bandmate and brother Gord Lewis  Our hearts are with his family and all that knew and loved him. Gord was a force and an inspiration to many. You were taken from us far too soon.

Gene Champagne (Teenage Head Drummer

I am utterly heartbroken. I am going to miss trying to make you laugh. All your stories... I will never never forget how much you inspired me and believed in me and made me believe in myself.

You are and always will be my hero. I love you Gord. Rest in Peace

Tom Wilson (Junkhouse, Blackie and the Rodeo Kings)

Gord Lewis was friend, a gentle man with a wild desire who burned up the air with a Les Paul Jr & a Marshall stack. He was a pioneer who took us where we’d never been. Thanks for showing us the way Gord. We’ll continue to follow your spirit in your absence.  

Brad Germain (Golden Feather)

Tributes are pouring in for a reason.  I’ve never heard a person say a bad word about you Gordie Lewis ❤️

Loved playing music with you - loved waiting for you to be ready to start - loved talking to you always.  You were always so supportive of me as I learned and grew.  

Loved watching you play - effortless style and grace, and pure volume ☺️

You meant so much to our whole community, and all of us are heartbroken to lose you.  

I’m hearing you sing “The Right Stuff” by Robert Calvert in my head right now, and I’m crying for you Gord.  I love you always and forever.  

To all my friends that knew him - I love you all, hold him in you with lightness and warmth.  He’ll be missed forever.

Melissa Marchese

Gordie, I love you forever and always. ❤️ 

The sweetest, kindest, most gentle human. 

Thank you for your inspiration, love and support. 

Thanks for saving my ass the first time I was to ever perform an original song of mine. I asked if you could play guitar with me and without hesitation you obliged. 

Thank you for welcoming me so warmly into your world and for teaching me so much. 

❤️ You’re in my heart forever. ❤️

To all my friends who are hurting right now, I can’t wait to hug you and share stories about our beloved Gordie. Xoxo

Lori Yates

We are all so devastated by the death of legend Gord Lewis💔. I was always so starstruck by him that all I could do was say hello, I couldn’t talk! I was a huge Teenage Head fan when I first started out with my band The Last Resorts and the pinnacle of our career was getting to open for Teenage Head at Erindale College! We always hoped for world domination for them and were so spoiled by their local performances. I was asked to sing with the band after Frank died and I was told they would “bat me around like I was in a pinball machine”…and indeed they did! RIP Gord…we won’t forget.❤️💔❤️ 

Lily Sazz (Cootes Paradise) 

He was a true gentle man, and always treated me with utmost respect and kindness. Many great conversations about music. RIP and condolences to his family and all the many who loved him. 💔 Hamilton and the world have lost a truly great, influential musician.

Video above courtesy of Blüm Media

Links: Headstones, More Headstones StoriesVideo above courtesy of superfannrock

Links: Teenage HeadMore Teenage Head StoriesVideo above courtesy of surrealiststreetgang


Previous (30 Years Ago: Our Blogger Publishes Just for Fun #1) - - - Next (New Spencer Mackenzie Album)

No comments:

Post a Comment